GREEN MATERIALS LAB WORKSHOP ASSISTANT
Job Assignment: Research Assistant, 10-hour / week (2 positions available)
Position dates: September 10, 2017 – January 15, 2018 with possible extension through the spring semester
Compensation: Hourly salary with no tuition reduction benefit
Eligibility: Open to undergraduate and graduate students in any program
Job responsibilities include:
- identification and coordination of workshop topics and instructors;
- sustainable material research and identification of new samples to add to the Materials Lab collection;
- coordination of workshop participants and assistance with hands-on workshop demonstrations as required by the instructor;
- campus-wide promotion of workshops through graphic documents, social media.
The ideal candidate is:
- interested in sustainable materials and technologies in architecture and beyond;
- a strong communicator with an interest in teaching;
- self-motivated, curious and capable of working independently to complete a project on-time and in-budget.
To apply, please email the following documents to Jen Wong at email@example.com:
- a current résumé
- a brief explanation of your interest in the position, and how the position relates to your field of study or past experience (one page maximum)
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Sept 10 at 5pm. A short list of candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview, with the position to begin immediately upon hiring.