The CSD offers faculty support in grant adminstration. Listed below are the primary research offices at UT, including the Office of Sponsored Projects, Internal Review Board for human subjects research, the official UT Research Office. The CSD's Research and Grant FAQ provides answers and resources to common questions including indirect rates, GRA costs, fringe & benefit budgeting, and much more.
The staff at the CSD is available to answer any questions you might have about the issues and tasks listed below.
UT Research Offices
- Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP)
- OSP is the main conduit for all sponsored research on campus. The CSD submits proposals from the SOA to the Research Management System on OSP's website. The link has many useful resources for putting together proposals, in particular complex federal applications.
- Research at the University of Texas at Austin
- The main research office provides a broad introduction to research at the university and links to other funding resources.
- UT Institutional Review Board (IRB) (for human subjects research)
- Any research involving human subjects must submit a proposal to the IRB prior to conducting research.
SOA Research and Grant Proposal FAQs
- Faculty Grant Preparation FAQs
- Downloand this link for useful frequently asked questions and answers including budget preparation, indirect and overhead rates, fringe and salary calculations for faculty and GRAs, cost sharing, and more.
- Boilerplate Information for Proposals
- Link to Office of Sponsored Projects list of standard university information that most proposals require.