This course meets in-person for the first summer session.
ARC f328W (70425) ARC f392W (70499)
- Practice woodworking skills: tool sharpening, millwork, joinery, gluing, & sanding.
- Learn the characteristics of the material wood, including specific species.
- Analyze the strength of wood joints.
- Design a piece of furniture based on a program of use, with materials and techniques in mind.
- Understand the point of view of the maker within the design process.
- Complete the final project
The Final Project is one piece of furniture of your choice of program which you will design and build..