The dedicated staff who run the Technology Lab can be found at the Service Desk, which is in the west end of the basement corridor and is the school's central location for printing, plotting, large format scanning, help desk services, and digital equipment checkout. If you need to contact the Service Desk, please call 512.471.1189 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the Technology Lab as a TA, please visit this page: How to Apply.
Please note that use of SOA Technology Services including printing, plotting, and digital fabrication is restricted to members of the SOA community.
Faculty and staff of SOA also have access, subject to certain restrictions. Please contact Courtney Warrington for more information.
- During fall and spring semesters, the Service Desk is closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am to noon for staff meetings and trainings.
- The Computer Classrooms are open extended hours, but support is only available when the Service Desk is open.
Holidays & Schedule Exceptions
Normal hours for the Technology Lab and Service Desk are at the top of this page.
- Summer Term
- Service Desk Open 9am-5pm Thursday June 6 through Wednesday July 3
- Thursday July 4 - CLOSED
- Service Desk Open 9am-5pm Friday July 5 through Thursday July 11
- Friday July 12 - CLOSED
- Service Desk Open 9am-5pm Monday July 15 through Friday August 16
For students, all pay-for-service resources such as printing, plotting, digital fabrication subscriptions, 3D printing will be billed to What I Owe within 7-10 business days. Purchasing consumable items such as CNC blades/bits, binding combs, etc. will also be paid through What I Owe. Faculty and staff may charge these items and services to a UT account.
ITS Help Desk
For general help with a desktop or laptop, operating system issues, wireless network access, email, or other university-wide technologies, students should contact the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400 or visit them at the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), room 200-B.