The University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture (UTSOA) aims to provide the highest quality educational experience by melding principle and practice, drawing interdisciplinary connections, and fostering a supportive culture.
We have a longstanding legacy of preparing students to be leaders in the design disciplines, and work to build upon this strong foundation while continually refining our approach to teaching, research, and scholarly work.
We believe that architecture and design play a key role in addressing complex local, regional, national, and global issues, and that our work will advance a better quality of life for all people. A diverse learning environment that welcomes a variety of perspectives and backgrounds is crucial to addressing these collective concerns.
Located in Austin, Texas, one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. – and one that is widely recognized for its creative community and entrepreneurial spirit – UTSOA students are uniquely positioned to gain first-hand experience with a rapidly growing and changing built environment. As part of one of the world’s leading public research universities with over 170 fields of study, students and faculty have access to a dynamic range of expertise available on the UT Austin campus. While we engage with our campus and community, we also extend our influence globally through studios and seminars that develop projects in Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia, and through an extensive network of alumni leaders worldwide.
At a glance, UTSOA is:
· A diverse and vibrant community with a broad range of interests and expertise in the design disciplines.
· Shaped by award-winning faculty experienced in both academic and professional realms.
· Grounded in the Austin region and state of Texas, with international reach and consequence.
· Committed to interdisciplinary teaching and research, both within the School of Architecture and across the university.
· Addressing important societal issues facing the built environment, urbanization, energy and resource consumption, transportation, healthy living, diversity, and equity.