The University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture has a long and historic legacy in providing next-generation leadership for design and planning education. Always aware of our role as stewards of the built environment, we meld principle and practice to foster innovation while remaining always grounded in serving our communities.
Our disciplines play a key role in addressing complex local, regional, national, and global issues while advancing a better quality of life for all of society's members. A diverse learning environment that welcomes a variety of perspectives and backgrounds is crucial to addressing these collective concerns.
Located in Austin, Texas, one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. – and one that is widely recognized for its creative community and entrepreneurial spirit – School of Architecture students are uniquely positioned to gain first-hand experience with a rapidly growing and changing built environment. As part of one of the world’s leading public research universities with over 170 fields of study, students and faculty have access to a dynamic range of expertise available on the UT Austin campus. While we engage with our campus and community, we also extend our influence globally through studios and seminars that develop projects in Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia, and through an extensive network of alumni leaders worldwide.
AT A GLANCE, UTSOA IS:
- A diverse and vibrant community with a broad range of expertise and interest in the built environment.
- Shaped by award-winning faculty experienced in both academic and professional realms.
- Grounded in the Austin region and the state of Texas, with international reach and consequence.
- Committed to interdisciplinary teaching and research, both within the School of Architecture and across the university.
- Addressing important societal issues facing the built environment, urbanization, energy and resource consumption, transportation, healthy living, diversity, and equity.
- Instagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoaInstagram Post@utsoa