Please join School of Architecture faculty and friends to celebrate the multitude of publications they have produced since March 2020. The SOA Book Fair will include 22 titles, including five volumes produced by CAAD and from notable publishers such as Penguin Random House, Rizzoli, and UT Press. Authors will be present to sign copies and discuss their respective books, with all publications available for purchase. CAAD damaged book backstock will also be available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
October 22, 10am–2pm, Goldsmith Courtyard
- Center 24: Decolonizing the Spatial History of the Americas (2021), Fernando Lara and Felipe Hernández, ed.
- Centerline 15: OTHER NATURE (2021), Danelle Briscoe, ed.
- We Need to Talk About Moving Towards Gender Equity in Architecture (2021).
- Center 23: AIR (2020), Michael Benedikt, ed.
- Center 22: Latitudes 3 (2020), Barbara Hoidn and Wilfried Wang, eds.
- $5 Damaged book inventory giveaway
Faculty (UT Press):
- Tara Dudley, Building Antebellum New Orleans: Free People of Color and Their Influence (Austin: University of Texas Press, 2021).
- David Heymann and Stephen Fox, John S. Chase—The Chase Residence (Austin: University of Texas Press, 2020).
- Juan Miró and Miguel Rivera, Miró Rivera Architects: Building a New Arcadia (Austin: University of Texas Press, 2020).
- Bjorn Sletto, ed., Radical Cartographies: Participatory Mapmaking from Latin America (Austin: University of Texas Press, 2020).
Faculty: (Other Publishers)
- Michael Benedikt, Architecture Beyond Experience (San Francisco: Applied Research and Design, 2020).
- Barbara Hoidn and Wilfried Wang, eds., 21BB—Model Region Berling-Brandenberg: Analyses and Visions for the 21st Century (Zurich: Park Books, 2021).
- Junfeng Jiao, Shared Mobility (Amsterdam: Elsevier Press, 2021).
- Phoebe Lickwar and Roxi Thoren, Farmscape: The Design of Productive Landscapes (London: Routledge, 2020).
- Danilo Udovicki, Soviet Architectural Avant-Gardes: Architecture and Stalin’s Revolution from Above, 1928–1938 (Bloomsbury, 2020).
- Wilfried Wang, O’Neil Ford Monograph 8: Little Chapel in the Woods (2021).
- Wilfried Wang, O’Neil Ford Student Series 2 (2021).
- Wilfried Wang, O’Neil Ford Student Series 1 (2021).
- Patricia Wilson, The Heart of Community Engagement: Practitioner Stories from Across the Globe (London: Routledge, 2020).
SOA Friends and Family:
- Sandra Lucas and Sarah Eilers, Expressive Interiors: Designing an Inviting Home (New York: Rizzoli, 2020).
- James Pratt, Sabotaged: 7 of Utopia in Texas (University of Nebraska Press, 2020).
- Helen Thompson, Santa Fe Modern: Contemporary Design in the High Desert (New York: Penguin Random House, 2021).