ARC 328W / 392W
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Practice hands-on woodworking skills including tool sharpening, milling, layout, joinery, gluing, & sanding.
- Recognize the characteristics of the material wood, including specific species.
- Analyze the strength of timber joints.
- Design a piece of furniture driven by the material. Think like wood.
- Explain the point of view of the maker within the design process.
- Construct free-standing, structurally-sound furniture.
- Complete the final project