Students not enrolled in the School of Architecture and following the 2016-2018 catalog

Students who are interested in declaring a minor offered by the School of Architecture should meet with their own academic advisor for their major to begin planning minor coursework and then apply for the minor of your choice.

Students may choose to pursue one of the following minors:

Students enrolled in the School of Architecture

A minor is optional in the School of Architecture; therefore, a minor is not required to complete a bachelor's degree in the School of Architecture. However, if you choose to complete a minor you must complete it according to the requirements, policies, and procedures established by The University and in consultation with your School of Architecture academic advisor.

Students enrolled in the School of Architecture may pursue minors offered outside of the School of Architecture. 

Students interested in pursuing a minor or a certificate may search the University's minor/certificate inventory to see what minors and certificates are offered. From the inventory you can access each minor or certificate's webpage to the view the requirements of that program. Please read each program's application instructions and eligibility criteria carefully before completing the application.

In order for a minor to be recognized on your transcript you must be in the 2016-2018 Undergraduate Catalog. If you entered UT prior to 2016, please ask your School of Architecture advisor how switching catalogs will impact your degree requirements. 

Planned carefully, pursuing a minor will not extend the time to degree for students in the Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies degree plans. You may use your required electives in pursuit of a minor.

Students in the Bachelor of Science in Interior Design degree have only six hours of electives to fulfill, so for many students pursuing a minor may delay the graduation semester.