Architecture After AI Symposium
Friday Feb. 3, 2023 , 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Mebane Gallery
As a complement to the "Architecture After AI" exhibition, this one-day symposium brings experts together to explore the potential of artificial intelligence platforms to revolutionize the field of architecture, from the way buildings are designed to the conception of new forms and structures that were previously unimaginable.
Opening Remarks: 9:45 a.m.
Associate Professor Kory Bieg, Assistant Professor Daniel Koehler, Associate Professor Clay Odom
Panel 1: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Moderated by Assistant Professor Ria Bravo, Associate Professor Kory Bieg, and Lecturer Rasa Navasaityte
- Andrew Kudless - Founder, Matsys Design; Professor, University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design
- Jenny Sabin - Principal, Jenny Sabin Studio; Associate Professor, Cornell AAP
- Ed Keller - Co-founder and Principal, AUM Studio and Spec.AE
Panel 2: 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Moderated by Dean Michelle Addington, Associate Professor Clay Odom, and Assistant Professor Daniel Koehler
- Sofia Crespo - Artist; Co-founder, Entangled Others Studio
- Kyle Steinfeld - Associate Professor, Berkeley College of Environmental Design
- Marta Nowak - Founding Principal, AN.ONYMOUS; Assistant Professor, Knowlton School of Architecture at The Ohio State University
Closing Remarks: 4:30 p.m.
Dean Michelle Addington