The dedicated staff who run the Technology Lab can be found at the Technology Desk, which is in the SUT basement. It is the school's central location for printing, plotting, large format scanning, help desk services, and digital equipment checkout. If you need to contact the Tech Desk, please call 512.471.1189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that use of SOA Technology Services including printing, plotting, and digital fabrication is restricted to members of the SOA community. Faculty and staff of SOA also have access, subject to certain restrictions. Please contact Courtney Morshed for more information.
MON & WED & FRI
TUE & THU
- During Fall and Spring semesters, the Tech Desk is closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am to noon for staff meetings and training.
Holidays & Schedule Exceptions
Normal hours for the Technology Lab and Service Desk are at the top of this page. These exceptions are subject to change.
- Spring Semester
- The Tech Lab reopens at 8am on Tuesday, January 18th
- Spring Break: Sunday, March 13th through Sunday, March 20th
- The Tech Lab is closed from Thursday, May 19th through Thursday, June 2nd
- Fall Semester
- Labor Day: Monday, September 5th
- Thanksgiving: Wednesday, November 23rd through Sunday, November 27th
- The Tech Lab is closed from Thursday, December 15th through Monday, January 16th
For students, all pay-for-service resources such as printing, plotting, digital fabrication subscriptions, 3D printing will be billed to What I Owe within 7-10 business days. Purchasing consumable items such as CNC blades/bits, binding combs, etc. will also be paid through What I Owe. Faculty and staff may charge these items and services to a UT account.
ITS Help Desk
For general help with a desktop or laptop, operating system issues, wireless network access, email, or other university-wide technologies, students should contact the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400 or visit them at the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), room 200-B.