UTSOA Career Services knows this has been a difficult season in regards to employment opportunities.
Below are a few tips and resources to assist you in these uprecedented times.
- NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK. Connect with alumni and employers within the firms and industries you admire.
- Mentor. Seek out a mentor to provide career advice.
- Stand Out. Use this season to strengthen your skills, improve materials including your resume, portfolio, and cover letter.
- Shadow. If you are struggling finding an internship this summer and fall, seek opportunities to shadow an employer.
- Resilience. You are resilient! This is a unique time and opportunity in the design field; as future designers, you will be needed more than ever to rethink spaces and designs.
Utsoa career service roundtables
Career Services has hosted roundtable discussions with employers to assist students and recent graduates. The previous UTSOA Career Roundtables are available for streaming on the Texas Architecture YouTube Channel.
Join the UT Austin alumni and student networking platform, HookedIn, and connect with alumni.
If you are not already on LinkedIn, create a profile and connect with employers. You can also search for alumni working in the firms and organizations you are interested in through the UT Austin alumni tab.
Continue checking the UTSOA Job Board regularly for new postings. Below are other job boards to search for new opportunities.
AIA Austin Job Board
Texas Society of Architects
American Planning Association
American Society of Interior Designers
The National Trust for Historic Preservation
HireUTexas powered by Handshake
Improve skills through online courses
LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand library of high-quality instructional videos covering a vast range of software, business and creative skills.
UT Austin Informal Classes. Attend a course that could enhance your skills and marketability.
Additional Helpful resources
Texas '21 and Beyond. Texas Career Engagement has put compiled helpful tips and resources for Longhorns during this season. Keep up to date with upcoming panels and events, as well.
Interstride provides a one-stop shop to support international students in their career searches. Interstride adds new content in real-time, including content about job searching in one’s home country in response to COVID-19 changes to the international employment landscape. This is also a great resource for domestic students looking to work abroad.
To login to Interstride, you will visit this link and enter with your University Email.
Contact Career Services
UTSOA Career Service is here to support your ongoing job search. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting or if you have additional questions.