Three Graduate Studies Committees in the School of Architecture offer ten Stackable Graduate Certificates to provide an opportunity for students to receive a transcriptable credential to convey a more in-depth study in a specialization within our fields. The Stackable Graduate Certificates provide a clear roadmap for courses to take in a particular area.
NEW IN FALL 2021
Architecture: Building Technology
Architecture: Community Equity Design
Architecture: Digital Technology
Architecture: Environmental Equity Design
Architecture: Latin American Architecture
Architectural History: Political, Social, and Cultural Histories of Architecture
Community and Regional Planning: Introduction to City Planning
Historic Preservation: Cultural Heritage History and Research
Interior Design: Theories of Interiors and Spatial Design
Sustainable Design: Technology and Environment
COMING SOON IN FALL 2022*
Historic Preservation: Cultural Heritage Building Materials and Documentation
Urban Design: Housing and Urbanism
*pending final approval
Stackable Graduate Certificates are open to any UT Austin degree-seeking graduate student.
- Stackable Graduate Certificates require three classes (nine credit hours).
- Students may not use a course to satisfy requirements for more than one Stackable Graduate Certificate.
- Courses must be completed within the Graduate School’s six-year time limit.
- Students must earn a grade of at least a C to count the course toward a Stackable Graduate Certificate.
- Students must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 in courses used to satisfy Stackable Graduate Certificate requirements.
- Graduate transfer coursework may not fulfill a Stackable Graduate Certificate requirement.
- All courses must be completed at UT Austin.
- All courses are offered in formula-funded (Option I) graduate degree programs in a face-to-face format on the UT Austin campus.
For more information, contact the Graduate Program Coordinator.