Stackable graduate certificates are designed to provide students with opportunities to pursue specific interests and develop targeted skill sets in their graduate studies. Open to all UT Austin graduate students, each of these certificates is transcriptable and will require only three classes to complete. Given the existing flexibility of the School of Architecture’s degree requirements, students could complete one or even two certificates and still graduate on time.
Stackable Graduate Certificates are open to any UT Austin degree-seeking graduate student.
- Stackable Graduate Certificates require three classes (nine credit hours).
- Students may not use a course to satisfy requirements for more than one Stackable Graduate Certificate.
- ONLY the exact listed graduate sections of the courses may fulfill the Stackable Graduate Certificate requirements.
- Courses must be completed within the Graduate School’s six-year time limit.
- Students must earn a grade of at least a C to count the course toward a Stackable Graduate Certificate, and students must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 in courses used to satisfy Stackable Graduate Certificate requirements.
- Graduate transfer coursework may not fulfill a Stackable Graduate Certificate requirement.
- All courses must be completed at UT Austin.